In this elective students will work with a range of art disciplines that allow them to learn more about their nature and characteristics.
The art disciplines offered are as follows:
Practical area of study:
- work on a range of practical art tasks.
- develop ideas and explore materials, techniques and methods in each art discipline.
- progressively work through an art process that will demonstrate their understanding of the art discipline in which they are working.
- present their visual diary and final artworks completed.
The visual diary requires students to record all visual information and to make written annotated reflections on all work produced.
The Art Process is as follows:
- Brainstorming ideas/concepts to a set theme/s
- Exploration of subject matter – thumbnail sketches
- Trialling materials, techniques and methods
- Development of explorations as starting points for final artwork/s
- Further planning
Theoretical area of study:
- use a visual diary to document and record the art process. The visual diary requires students to record all visual information and to make written annotated reflections on all work produced.
- interpret, identify, analyse and use appropriate terminology when responding to a range of different artworks through written theory tasks.
- Visual Arts practice – A range of practical 2D art tasks
- Written theory tasks – Interpret, identify, analyse and use appropriate terminology when responding to a range of different artworks
This subject is highly recommended for students wanting to undertake VCE Studio Art.
This is a semester based subject only.