In this subject, students will extend their music skills to enhance their employment prospects within the Music Industry. Students who complete this program will obtain the expertise to compose and record their own music, work in a group and solo, improvisation, work at a music event, explore career options and understand copyright.
The course runs for two years.
Satisfactory completion of the program entitles the student to a Certificate III in Music (Performance).
Units of Competency Covered:
- Implement copyright arrangements
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Work effectively in the music industry
- Apply knowledge of style and genre to music industry practice
- Compose simple songs or musical pieces
- Develop ensemble skills for playing or singing music
- Develop technical skills in performance
- Prepare for performances
- Develop Improvisation skills
- Develop and maintain stage craft skills
- Perform music as part of a group as a soloist
Links to further pathways:
On completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to pursue an occupation in such areas as musician, music teacher, singer, songwriter or jingle writer, stage producer, music technician, stage manager, director or music editor, broadcaster, and disc jockey.
Contact: Scott Mangos
Two year course, VCE accredited, aimed at Years 10/11/12.