Year 10 Digital Art prepares students for VCE studies in Studio Arts, Visual Communication & Design and Media. Students will work with the art discipline of computer generated digital art and traditional art forms in a mixed media context – drawing, painting, sculpture and collage.
Practical area of study:
Students will work on a range of digital art tasks that require them to learn to use creative art processes and methods using digital devices. Students are also required to:
- use a visual diary that will demonstrate their understanding of the art process
- present a folio of digital artworks which will demonstrate their understanding of the art process studied.
The Art Process:
Theoretical area of study:
- Brainstorming ideas/concepts to a set theme/s
- Exploration of subject matter
- Trialling creative editing and manipulation techniques using Adobe Photoshop
- Development of explorations as starting points for final artwork
- Further planning
Students will record both visual and written reflections on each of the following processes:
- interpret, identify, analyse and use appropriate terminology to respond to different artworks through written theory tasks
- Visual Arts practice – A range of practical digital art tasks
- Written theory tasks – Interpret, identify, analyse and use appropriate terminology to respond to different artwork
This subject is highly recommended for any students wanting to undertake VCE Studio Arts, VCE Media Arts and VCE Visual Communication and Design.
Semester based subject only.