This unit will provide an excellent platform from which to step up to VCE Systems Engineering. It consolidates
and further develops the foundation content and processes of electrotechnology.
The key components of the course are:
- Basic electronics theory exploring common components and working with circuit schematics
- Printed circuit board design and etching
- Identifying and using a range of common components and integrated circuits
- Understand and use the 3D printing process
- Microcontroller programming (beginning Robotics)
This unit will enable the students to extend their knowledge and understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical systems. The focus will be on design, research, production and evaluation.
Links to further study
This is a useful subject for students interested in Systems Engineering studies at VCE level.
This unit of study is available to all students. Please note this unit can be taken in Semester 2 only.
Experience at Year 9 level is helpful.
Please note this unit can be taken over two semesters. You need to list it as two choices if you wish to do this.