This qualification provides students with training and skills that enhance their employment prospects within a broad range of hospitality settings, with a training credit towards the apprenticeship training plan.
Program Length: 2 years
Satisfactory completion of the program entitles the student to Certificate II in hospitality and modules from Certificate III.
Units of competency covered:
- Work effectively with others
- Prepare and present simple dishes
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Participate in safe work practices
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Use food preparation equipment
- Prepare and present sandwiches
- Use hospitality skills effectively
- Interact with customers
- Prepare and service non-alcoholic beverages
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- Serve food and beverages
- Provide advice on food
- Process financial transactions
- Show social and cultural diversity
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry
Links to further pathways:
This qualification would be excellent preparation for the following occupations: Food and Beverage Attendant, Café Manager/Owner, Kitchen Assistant, Hospitality Manager.