The internet has changed the way we work, shop, live and interact. Most organisations and people interact with web sites on the internet. What is a website, how are they made and what is good web design and development?
- Students will use Wix, HTML coding and Dreamweaver to design and make web sites for personal and business use. The basic principles of good web design will be applied. Students will build a web site for a client as a major assessment task.
- Multimedia content will also be included in the form of video and flash objects for embedding into web sites.
- Students will investigate the hardware requirements of web sites with hands-on investigation of computer and network components that make up the internet.
Links to further study:
This unit is useful preparation for study of Information Technology at VCE level and will develop skills that will be useful in a range of practical situations.
Units available at VCE level include:
- Information Technology 1 & 2
- Information Technology Applications 3 & 4
- Information Technology Software Development 3 & 4
- VET Interactive Digital Media 1 – 4
There are no prerequisites for this subject.
This unit can be undertaken by any student. There are no extra costs involved in this unit. A student would not repeat this unit within the same year.